The Beauty of Essential Oils
The use of essential oils for health, beauty and even meditative and religious purposes has been noted around the globe since about 3500 BC. Egyptians, Chinese, Greeks and Romans all enjoyed the varying benefits of these versatile oils, experiencing their restorative, medicinal and aesthetic advantages of natural and organic oils for generations. Falling out of favor for centuries, the recent renewed interest in aromatherapy has unlocked the secret virtues of essential oils. Though the variety of uses is plenty and difficult to list all in one place, we’ll choose to focus on the organic skin care and beauty value of essential oils. Rely on our natural essential oils for the following:
- Mixed with coconut oil to reduce cellulite.
- As a natural perfume dabbed on your wrist.
- For treating acne; in combination with tea tree oil and raw honey.
- A drop of peppermint essential oil on the tongue works as a natural breath freshener.
- Mixed with salt or sugar and almond oil, essential oils make for a fragrant and effective body scrub.
- By diluting your favorite essential oil with water, you can enjoy a light body spray that refreshes and soothes.
- Those with thin hair can experience more volume naturally by adding rosemary essential oils to shampoo.
- Thinning nails can be fortified with frankincense, myrrh and lemon oils, mixed with Vitamin E oil and rubbed on cuticles.
- As an anti-aging remedy for wrinkles and fine lines. Be careful around the eyes however.
- Make sun spots and age spot lighten and even disappear by applying frankincense three times a day to the offending spots.
- Lavender oil, mixed with coconut oil helps to relieve cracked heels and dry patches on feet.