Essential Oils for Anxiety and Depression
Essential Oils For Anxiety And Depression
There are many Essential Oils available that can help you to ease symptoms of stress, depression, and anxiety. It is important though that you use the ones you like the most. Scents are very personal and they mustn’t upset or stress you even more because they don’t smell right or make you too emotional.
Our Hypnotic Blend of essential oils was created to help soothe and heal anxiety and stress while adding so many more nutrients and vitamins to the skin. Here are all the benefits of Hypnotic Essential Oil, Body Wash, Body Butter, Body Mist, Scrub and Milk Bath, don’t let the list overwhelm you!
• Bergamot -Bergamot has a refreshing scent that uplifts the spirit and helps with feelings of pain, anxiety, depression, and sadness.
• Basil -Uplifting refreshing scent that works against depression, fatigue, and anxiety.
• Clary Sage – Clary sage can help with insomnia, anxiety, and depression.
• Frankincense – One of the best essential oils to slow down your breathing which helps to reduce feelings of fear, nervous tension, stress, and anxiety.
• Geranium – Works as a natural sedative to lift the spirit and release negative emotions. It works great to ease symptoms of depression and stress.
• Jasmine – Jasmine has a relaxing flowery scent that is known for its antispasmodic and uplifting properties.
• Lemon – Lemon’s refreshing scent has purifying and uplifting properties. It helps to combat negative emotions, stress, depression and boost your immunity. Read more about the amazing uses of lemon EO here.
• Lavender -Lavender is a true cure-for-all. It helps with headaches, migraine, fear, anxiety, depression, nervousness, hypertension, and insomnia. It has a calming and relaxing effect on body and mind. Read more about the uses of lavender EO in my previous article.
• Mandarin – Mandarin has antispasmodic properties and works emotionally to uplift the spirit.
• Marjoram – Marjoram has been used for ages to ease feelings of fear, loneliness, grief, rejection, and anxiety.
• Wild Orange – Just as all the other citrus EOs, orange has a refreshing, energizing, and mood lifting effect. It works great to ease feelings of panic, anger, irritation, and nervousness.
• Palmarosa – Palmrosa can help you reduce nervous tension and anxiety.
• Rose – Its great fragrance has a stimulating effect on the entire nervous system and helps to create a sense of well-being.
• Roman Chamomile -Works calming and relaxing for body and mind. It is often used to treat depression and stress.
• Sandalwood – Sandalwood’s comforting scent has sedative properties that can help you to ease tension and fight inner stress. For more information, read my post about the best uses for Sandalwood essential oil.
• Ylang-Ylang -Has a relaxing scent that balances male and female energies. Its scent restores confidence and equilibrium and can be used to treat insomnia, anxiety, and depression.
How To Use Essential Oils For Anxiety And Depression
Add a few drops to your diffuser and diffuse throughout the day to uplift your spirit or calm your mind. Diffuse at night in your bedroom to promote a better night’s rest or to ease your thoughts. Or add a few drops to your pillow to inhale while you sleep.
Add 1 to 2 drops of your favorite EO into the palms of your hands and rub them together to spread the oil. Cup them over your nose and take 4-6 deep and slow breaths to reduce feelings of stress, depression, or anxiety.
Add 2 to 4 drops of EO(s) on a cotton ball and secure in a zip lock bag to take with you or take a small bottle of EOs with you to take a sniff whenever you need.
Add 10-12 drops of your favorite EO or EO blend to 2 oz. carrier oil (sweet almond, jojoba, or grapeseed oil are all good examples) for a relaxing and uplifting massage.
Calming EO Rub
Add 5 to 10 drops of EO to 2 tablespoons carrier oil or natural unscented lotion. Rub the mixture onto your neck, chest, bottoms of your feet, wrists, and behind the ears to find relief.
Add 5 to 10 drops of EOs to your bathtub to alleviate feelings of stress, anxiety, or depression. If you have a sensitive skin, dilute the EOs in 1-tablespoon carrier oil of your liking before adding them to your bathtub. This will give your bath an added moisturizing effect and protect your sensitive skin. Do not add the oils to running water, as they will evaporate at a higher rate. Add them after you have run the bath and gently mix them in by hand.
Surround Yourself With The Fragrance Of Healing EOs
• Add a few drops to a tissue or cotton ball and place in your car.
• Add 2 drops of your favorite EO on a cloth and put it in the dryer for nice smelling clothes.
• Add 2 to 3 drops on a cotton ball and put in the vacuum cleaner.