Benefits of Rose oil for your skin
We already instinctively entwine roses with notions of beauty and love. It seems only fitting then that roses actually do offer beauty-enhancing benefits. This iconic flower specifically does beauty wonders on the skin.
In one of the flower’s earliest uses for beauty, the ancient Greeks and Romans used rose petals to perfume their baths. They valued roses very highly, using roses in their daily lives, decorating the floors of their homes and banquet halls with fragrant rose petals.
In distilled forms, roses have been included in cosmetics, medicines and therapeutic treatments for centuries. Rose essential oils have antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties, making it ideal to topically treat a host of ailments including abrasions, burns and skin conditions. It has also been used to ease sore throats, fever and cough.
Beauty products today are increasingly embracing rose as an ingredient. Whether listed on today’s organic natural skin care products as rose water, rose distillate, rose essential oil or rosehip seed oil, these lovely rose essences do far more than just add their light scent to your products. This fragrant flower helps rejuvenate and replenish skin. Discover how this lush blossom can make your skin feel as velvety-soft as a bed of roses. The natural benefits of rose natural essential oils include:
1. Antibacterial: Naturally antibacterial rose essential oil makes can help treat acne and acne-prone skin. Combined with its cleansing properties, rose makes an ideal ingredient in face washes and cleansers.
2. Anti-inflammatory: While we may think of roses for their iconic deep red color, rose oils can actually help reduce swollen spots or redness on your skin. Its calming properties can also help sooth rosecea and eczema.
3. Antioxidants: Rose contains high amounts of vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant. This important vitamin can help protect skin cells from damage, such as from staying out in the sun too long. Some evidence even suggests that rose water can help prevent sunburn.
4. Moisturizing: The natural oils found in roses help lock moisture into the skin, keeping skin feeling smooth. Rose is especially beneficial for those with sensitive skin because the sugars in its petals create a soothing feeling.
5. Naturally fragrant: Many organic/natural beauty products choose to include rose for its delicate aroma in lieu of artificial fragrances.
6. Relaxing: When used aromatically, rose calms and soothes the mind. In fact, rose petals are a staple in Ayurvedic medicine to detoxify and calm. While this characteristic doesn’t directly add beauty benefits, it sure makes that rose-scented lotion or cream an extra pleasant experience.
7. Toning: As a natural astringent, rose helps tighten pores and restore suppleness for a glowy complexion. Unlike conventional alcohol-based toners, rose leaves skin feeling smooth, not dried out.
Our rose and chamomile face cleanser is a great way to get the benefits of rose oil for your face.
All of our Cleopatra natural skin care products contain rose essential oils along with other exotic healing oils including ylang ylang and jasmine to name a few.